Automated MSN Messenger installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated MSN Messenger installation

I'm trying to automate MSN Messenger installation at my workplace. I've published the software with group policy and a zap config file, the question is:

Can I automate the configuration, so that the username is predetermined?

I want the co-workers to use the corporate e-mailaddress for this since that is what our sharepointserver recognizes and I want them to work together.

This is the SetupCommandline used, i wish there was a way to just add SETUSERNAME="%USERNAME%@domain.topdomain"
    SetupCommand = "MsnMsgs.msi IAGREE="Yes" ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR="" SETSEARCHENGINE="" SETHOMEPAGE="" /qb-"
    Last edited by Anders; 30th May 2006, 13:27.
    A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Re: Automated MSN Messenger installation

I found that the registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\User.NET Messenger Service contains the username used for sign-in, but I am not sure it works if I try to edit the registry upon installation or if this User.NET Messenger Service-key is only applicable at my workstation.

I'll be back with updates after I test this on clean installed computers.
    A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

Working...
    X