No announcement yet.

master browser problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master browser problem

when i try to log on from the domain controller to any machine i can't this is applied to all except for the exchange machine when i viewed the event viewer i found a log indicating that the master browser has a problem and the only machine that believes it's the master browser is the exchange so do u think that if i transfered the pdc master the problem will be solved or what do u think to solve this problem

Re: master browser problem

How do you log on to another machine from a domain controller?

The errors you see are actually quite common in the event log and I think the chances are slim that the master browser has anything to do with your logon failure process.

In this day and age, the logon process is dependent on Domain Controllers, DNS, Active Directory, Global Catalog servers, and the good old secure channel.

Not much going on with the master browser anymore.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

I found that if my client were XP SP2 that i would get these problems until i turned the firewall off.

May be worth a try.

The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer that currently believes it is the master browser is EXCHANGE-1.

here is the message appearing from the event viewer and nt the way not all the users have firewall installed so what do u think fellows

also this message sometimes appears

The name "domain name :1d" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address The machine with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine.

the ip of concerns the exchange

so do u think that this 2 messages are related and do u have any solutions fellows

Well you could add these setting to the machine you would prefer to be the master btowser

Setting the IsDomainMaster parameter entry to True or Yes makes that computer a Preferred Master Browser which has priority over other computers in master browser elections. Whenever a preferred master browser starts, it forces a browser election. Any computer running Windows NT Workstation or Windows NT Server can be configured as a preferred master browser. If no other condition prevents it, the preferred master browser will always win the election. Set the parameter in the following registry path:
          Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
          Key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Paramete rs
          Type: REG_SZ
          Name: IsDomainMaster
          Value: True

it didn't work

Did you reboot the Exchange Server?
              Departed: 23rd December 2015

i did but the stop error is still the same

u don't have enough permission to view this resource or account is not authorised to log on from this machine contact your system admin.

while iam using the administrator account so what do u think

any thing new