Additional domain controller problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional domain controller problem

Hi, I have a PDC and additional domain controller in two different sites. Recently, the PDC shutdown due to power failure but people were unable to login to thier systems in the additional domain controller site. Please let me know as to how i can prevent this from happening further.

Re: Additional domain controller problem

Make sure the other DC is also a GC, has DNS and configure the clients to point to the DC in the second site a secondary DNS.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

You may also need to set-up DHCP on your second DC depending on if your PDC is also your DHCP server. You might want to set-up two scope on your servers using the 80 / 20 rule (Google it if you want more information - I would do it for you but I am currentl using dial up )

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi , thanks for your responses, however all except for the GC already exists and is setup on the secondary controller (DHCP , DNS and seperate scope) since there is only a single domain. Could it be a mishap while promoting the server and would i have to do it again?

Comment

Working...
        X