Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory and DNS

Hello, Everyone

I have installed W2K3 server on one of my computers and I'm getting an error (see below) when I run the DC. The computers are connected to a linksys router.

Diagnostic Failed

Warning: Domian Contreller funcitions like joining a domain, logging onto a domain, and Active Directory replication will not be available until the DNS infrastructure for Active Directory is correctly configured.

The Wizard encountered an error while trying to determine if the DNS server with which this domain controller will register supports dynamic updates.

Details

The primary DNS server tested was: ns1.dnsexit.com{63.223.76.173}

The zone was: ABCD.com (No is my real zone just an example)

The test for dynamic DNS update support returned:
    "DNS bad key."
    (error code 0x00002339 RCODE_BADKEY)

I don't want to promote it to DC (even knowing that I can) until I can fix it.
    My DNS server is from dnsexit.com (ns1.dnsexit.com and ns2.dnsexit.com) and is dynamic dns and I need to have it to access my computer from work thru my 2 internet domain names.
    How can I setup my server to update the Dynamic DNS?

Thank You!
    boricua

P.S. Your help is apprecaite.

Re: Active Directory and DNS

i cant understand

pls tell us the network structure and how many server and DNS and what ip you working

send us the Event ID and the info

and we will try to help

10X
    Thanks
    Noam Greenberg
    If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

could someone help me please i got givin a laptop from a friend because my pc broke and wen i turn it on it says password straght away can i get past this?

Comment

Originally posted by joner125
        could someone help me please i got givin a laptop from a friend because my pc broke and wen i turn it on it says password straght away can i get past this?
        Joner125, with regards to future posts, please start your OWN topic and post it in the most appropriate forum. In this case the Forgot Administrator Password Forum.

Andrew, could you move this hijack to the Password forum please. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Noam Greenberg
          i cant understand

pls tell us the network structure and how many server and DNS and what ip you working

send us the Event ID and the info

and we will try to help

10X

My network consist of 1 server that will have the following roles: Domain Controller, DHCP and DNS, and 3 workstaion. I'm using broadband connection and as you already know is dynamic and they are behind a liknsys router. I have registered two domain names thru "DNSEXIT.COM" with free dynamic "DNS" service. I have already setup the dns from "dnsexit.com" dns server, but I can't make it work from my server computer(see attachment pic DC.jpg). As of the Even, it didn't log anything. So I have decided to create the 'DC' with the error on the 'dns'.

If you can help me setting up the DNS server using the following dns server: ns1.dnsexit.com and ns2.dnsexit.com, I will preceate it.

thanks.
          boricua
          P.S. I don't have much knowledge using windows server O.S. , I have books, ebooks and I have done some research and I still can find the answer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Installing Netscape on your server?
            VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
            boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
            My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Yes, I have netscape installed on the server. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by boricua
                The primary DNS server tested was: ns1.dnsexit.com{63.223.76.173}
                Hi boricua.
                Is that DNS server one that you or someone in your organization controls?

If not you should probably just select "Install and configure the DNS server on this computer..."

You may want to read this to get a better grasp of why you even need DNS
                http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...2K3_AD_DNS.htm

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by JeremyW; 3rd June 2006, 03:47.
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Sorry, I must be going blind.
                  Originally posted by boricua
                  My network consist of 1 server that will have the following roles: Domain Controller, DHCP and DNS, and 3 workstaion. I'm using broadband connection and as you already know is dynamic and they are behind a liknsys router. I have registered two domain names thru "DNSEXIT.COM" with free dynamic "DNS" service. I have already setup the dns from "dnsexit.com" dns server, but I can't make it work from my server computer(see attachment pic DC.jpg). As of the Even, it didn't log anything. So I have decided to create the 'DC' with the error on the 'dns'.
                  Are you using NAT?
                  If so I think what you need to do is see if you can configure your Linksys router to dynamically update your DNS record with your external NS.
                  Also, to get AD to function properly you'll need to install DNS on the DC.
                  Last edited by JeremyW; 3rd June 2006, 17:31.
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X