Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share without password

hi2all,
    i want to make a share (folder/drive) in windows 2003 server free of password, mean to say that it can be access without user authunication for local user as well as for remote domain user. just like in windows XP simple file share. Simply Share made in windows 2003 server can access by any kind of user over network without password. How?

Re: Share without password

I'm not sure if this will work but if you make the share settings to everyone full control and the NTFS settings to the same it may work.

Comment

drive is FAT32,

Comment

Then you don't need to bother with NTFS permissions since they do not apply to FAT32.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche
          Then you don't need to bother with NTFS permissions since they do not apply to FAT32.
          Just set the share permission to Everyone Full Control.

Why are you using Fat32??

Comment

because it has no security tab, in windows XP, it is working fine, Simply i want make a share in windows 2003 server that can access without password for every user.how can i do it?

Comment

Sorry, but I really don't understand what you want.

Do you:
              a. want to create a share on an XP machine that can be accessed from a Windows 2003 Server?
              b. want to create a share on a Windows 2003 Server that can be accessed from the XP machines?

Without the need for any passwords.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Like someone already said, all you can do is set share permissions to everyone full control.
                If you have FAT32 then theres nothing else you can do, that share should be accessible to all

Comment

Originally posted by alitoday
                  because it has no security tab, in windows XP, it is working fine, Simply i want make a share in windows 2003 server that can access without password for every user.how can i do it?
                  That is one of the main reasons for using NTFS is that you can drill down the correct permissions for the user.

But as i have already said you can set the SHARE permissions to Everyone full control.

Comment

Working...
                  X