No announcement yet.

Server parsing requests to proxy

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server parsing requests to proxy

The developers here have a server that is making web requests through an ISA server. The process runs as a service and nobody is logged into the server but it still insists on making all web requests through the ISA server.

I do not want it to use the ISA server as this generates a time-out error message. Therefore I want to clear the configuration item that is doing this and have the server send web requests directly out.

I have tried logging on as the service account and I have removed all profile information but it still does this.

I'm not sure how to begin to diagnose this issuse. Some assistance would be handy.

Re: Server parsing requests to proxy

Try to change the settings through the service/program properties
    Good Luck

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

That's where I guess the issue lies but the developers do not have a clue where that may be.

So looks like this is not getting very far.

i didn't understand exactly what your configuration is...

the application is running on a server, and it makes web requests to the ISA proxy ?

is there any kind of GPO the redirects proxy ?
        technicly, each application should have its own proxy settings, but some applications are built based on Internet Explorers proxy settings.

try to access the server with the account the program/service is running with, and check internet explorer proxy settings. if there is nothing there, the setting you seek can only be somewhere in your application.
        Yaniv Feldman
        Microsoft Security Regional Director
        Microsoft Management Expert
        MCSA, MCSE, MCT

Thanks Shai

That is exactly what I did and the course of action that I undertook.

It seems I have done the right thing and this setting is application specific.

Typical of our developers here, they have configured something into their application and then look to the systems guy to fix it!!!