No announcement yet.

One client two domains

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One client two domains

is it possible to connect one workstation to two domains,
    select the domain i want to log into in the logon screen ?

Re: One client two domains

I dont think a mahcine can be part of two domains. The only way is establish a trust between the two domains:

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Quite correct.

A machine may only be a member of one domain at a time.

When logging on to a machine, in the list of domains, you will see the domain that the machine is a member of in addition to any trusted domains. So in order to list multiple domains in the drop down box at the logon screen, you must establish at a minimum a one way trust with the domain you want to see listed in the dropdown box. The domain you want listed in the dropdown box must be the trusted domain, not the trustingdomain.

In active directory, domains in a forest have built in two-way transitive trusts by nature so you should automatically see other same-forest domain as an option in the domain dropdown box on the logon screen.

When dealing with other forests, you will need to establish an external trust, shortcut trust, or forest trust.

When dealing with NT4 domains, you will need to establish and external trust.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

thank you... was really helpfull...