No announcement yet.

No "SETUP.EXE" on Office XP Pro CD-ROM

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "SETUP.EXE" on Office XP Pro CD-ROM

My Office XP Pro w/FrontPage CD-ROM contains individual setup executables (SETUPACC.EXE, SETUPEXL.EXE, SETUPFPG.EXE, SETUPOLK.EXE, SETUPPLS.EXE, SETUPPPT.EXE, SETUPPRO.EXE, SETUPSTD.EXE SETUPWRD.EXE); NO SETUP.EXE. Therefore Step 1.1 of did NOT create the administrative installation to my K:\OfficeXP.
    FYI, using SETUPPRO.EXE excludes FrontPage. My workaround was to run this command: "J:\SETUPPRO.EXE /a proplus.msi" (no quotes). The results did allow me to complete Steps 2 and 3. However, the size of my slipstreamed folder, K:\OfficeXP, is 981 MB.
    What can I do to get the file size down to the avowed 630 MB? TIA

Use "SETUPPLS.EXE" when "SETUP.EXE" Miss

Take a look at Step 2 on By using SETUPPLS.EXE to initiate slipstreaming, the size of my Office XP Pro SP3 is 628 MB.

Under Folder Options, Be sure you tick SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS. Recopy Office And try again. And Sounds like you are running Office Premium.? Yes.?? I have done this with Office 2000 Pro. Not with the Frontpage. That will make the size on the Disc to burn Much bigger.
      Unless you have a CDRW that will support 90 or 99 min CD-R.
      "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill