2k server connection to xp client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k server connection to xp client

I had a strange problem when performing a compter management connection to an xp client, i get the following error:

"computer //server02.contoso.com cannot be managed. The network path was not found. Choose connect to another computer from the action menu to manage a different computer".

This is odd as i was able to join the xp machine to the domain, the dns server is configured on the xp client to point to the 2k3 server DNS its logged onto contoso domain the computer object is in ADS is there something that i might be doing? i cant figure this one out.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Re: 2k server connection to xp client

Originally posted by salv236
    "computer //server02.contoso.com cannot be managed. The network path was not found. Choose connect to another computer from the action menu to manage a different computer".

This should be \\server02 not //server02

Comment

sorry i meant the slashes to be \\. The only MS KBs i find is for issues with connection from 2k3 server to XP that has SP2, the XP i have has no SPs installed.
      Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Comment

Can you connect to the computer using IP instead of computer name ?
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Can you ping the client by IP address and can you resolve the name of the client??

ping -a Client_IP_Address

Comment

Working...
          X