DHCP with wrong domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP with wrong domain

My DHCP server seems to be working properly (Server 2003), but the authorized server shows a domain of mshome.net which is not my domain.

I click on the Action menu in the DHCP mmc and unauthorize the server then add the server back via IP address. It comes back at zeus.mshome.net. Also when I trie to restart the service, its tells me access is denied.

I have searched the internet for an answer to this and can't find one. Anyone have anyidea what might be causing this? I'm also running DNS (which seems to be working properly as well) DCDiag doesn't report any errors. Is there something else I need to check?

Budreaux
    Last edited by Budreaux; 20th April 2006, 17:25.

Re: DHCP with wrong domain

What is your DHCP server FQDN? Is your DHCP server corectly registered in DNS?

Regards,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

FQDN is zeus.paynesfs.com and I think that its registered correctly with DNS. How do I check to make sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Budreaux
        FQDN is zeus.paynesfs.com and I think that its registered correctly with DNS. How do I check to make sure?
        Run DCDIAG on your DC - It comes with the windows 2003 support tools. If you dont have it then just google for dcdiag. You could also run netdiag to see if it flags up any errors

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I've done that several times alreayd and dcdiag always comes back with a clean report. I did uninstall DHCP server and reinstall and set everything back up to see what would happen and as I suspected, the domain came back as mshome.net. It seems that the problem isn't in DHCP but comming from somewhere else. Possibley Active Directory?

Comment

Working...
          X