Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset Domain Admin password 4 2003 enterprise

HI everybody,
    This is the new guy, I need help from one of u great minds, same story I have forgotten the domain admin password for my 2003 server exterperise but luckily I still remember the local admin password so I can logon to the local machine. I have tried the step on the web site, but it still did not change it... Please help!!

Re: Reset Domain Admin password 4 2003 enterprise

saw the forum forgotten administrator password?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yes i did, but nothing helpful for a 2003 server enterprise domain controller, all i see is xp, 2000 etc

Comment

Because I have the local admin password to the machine I was able to boot to safe mode and follow the process, when I reboot and tried to log in to the domain admin acct t was denial access. I thot maybe I did something wrong so I went back to try replying the process, but this time there was no PassRecovery folder. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\PassRecovery

Comment

Because it is a DC, try booting in "Active Directory Recovery Mode"

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X