X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Controllers

Hi guys,

I was wondering.. about this.
    So I have already have a active domain controller thats running windows server 2000... on the LIVE network.
    And I have a brand new server thats running windows server 2003, with domain controller running, which is active on a dummy network.

and i was wondering, what are the risks on connecting Windows server 2003 to live network?

(they will both have different domain names - windows and dcswin)

Would they both fail or crash, complain about eachother?

Thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by plawlor; 8th March 2006, 14:19.

Re: Domain Controllers

You want to connect two different networks, two different AD forsts, and put them in the same LAN?

So where's the problem? As long as there is no IP address or name conflict you're ok.

On the other hand, if you want to join the 2 domains into one AD forest - well, you can't anyway.

So I ask again - what's the question?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Domain Controllers

Originally posted by danielp
      You want to connect two different networks, two different AD forsts, and put them in the same LAN?

So where's the problem? As long as there is no IP address or name conflict you're ok.

On the other hand, if you want to join the 2 domains into one AD forest - well, you can't anyway.

So I ask again - what's the question?

Noooo, I want to connect two different 'active' AD/DC's on the same network.
      (which is doing our day to day stuff, and internet, and roaming profiles and such)

So i was wondering would both servers conflict.complain that theres another AD on the domain?

or will that only apply if you have the same "domain name"?
      But having different domain names, will cause no problem?

Comment

Working...
      X