LAN Connection on MS virtual PC 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN Connection on MS virtual PC 2004

I have installed MS virtual PC 2004 on windows XP.then I have defined New virtual mechine and install Win03 server on this mechine.
    I configure LAN,DNS,AD settings on win03.
    My question is that Could I Join my main OS(windows XP) to win03 server(Virtual Mechine) or not.
    Is there any conectivity between these 2 mechine?

Re: LAN Connection on MS virtual PC 2004

There no real problem with connections under Vistual PC (You can setup the guest OS to be part of the LAN).
    The reason why not to do this is simple: After you add the XP host to the domain and reboot, the default option is to logon into the domain. However, until you not login there no option to operate virtual PC guest - So its like the question on the chicken & egg.
    In theory, you can use Vistual Server or Vmware GSX to reslove this problem, but think what will happen if you will have problem with the virtual software or/and the virtual system...

Regards,

Yuval
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Thanks yuval14,
      Let me explain my problem again.
      My host OS is WinXP.My guest OS is win03(I am running it from VM).I have created domain and configure DNS & AD on the gurst os (Win03)
      Now I want to add my host OS(winXP) to domain whcih is created on win03,but whenever I try I encounter DNS Problem.
      I do not think the network in VM is connected with Host .

Comment

Originally posted by S2002
        Thanks yuval14,
        Let me explain my problem again.
        My host OS is WinXP.My guest OS is win03(I am running it from VM).I have created domain and configure DNS & AD on the gurst os (Win03)
        Now I want to add my host OS(winXP) to domain whcih is created on win03,but whenever I try I encounter DNS Problem.
        I do not think the network in VM is connected with Host .
        Hy, I have almost the same problen as you, but what I try to do is to join XP machine(Virtual) TO 2003.
        I've noticed there are network settings in VM, but I didn't solve the problem yet.

Comment

In the following link Microsoft has posted saying that windows 2003 cannot be a Guest OS:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...n/sysreqs.mspx

Comment

If you are using the MS-V.P.C you won't be able to communicate with the Host OS therefore you have to use NAT to be able to communicate with the HOST OS.

In this case, you have stated in your earliest post that u use VM Ware, and I do agree entirely with you in this case u will be able to communicate with the Host OS weather it's a Win2k3 or other.

Once you installed OS on the VMWare Soft, just go to the OS that you hosted and make sure it switched off > Settings >> Networking > and set the network to use is to 0 "Zero". As this means using only 1 LAN Adapter.

After that i'm sure you will be able to communciate with your server or other OS which is installed in the Virtual Machine.

For further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this will help .

Thanks,

Habibalby
            ================================
            HND: Higher National Diploma in
            Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
            MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
            Done:VMware DSA
            ================================[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...