No announcement yet.

Port Restrictions on Windows 2003 Network.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Restrictions on Windows 2003 Network.

Hi all,
    Currently I have three programs running on one client machine. (A Gateway, Extractor and SPCS ). This situation works fine when I have them all on one machine. However when I try to run the SPCS on any of the production client machines I get some problems. I think this has to do with the Gateway residing on a client machine CLAW070.

For information, the gateway is a process that listens on a port for communication from another process running on another machine. Commmunication is via TCP/IP using window sockets. When this process is running on the client machine (attached to STERINET(Windows 2003 domain) the application running on the production machine seems unable to communicate with the process. Do we need to change some settings on the client machine where the process is running to be able to link to the applications e.g. open ports, IP configuration or do have to change some settings on the Windows 2003 server.

Any help would be apprecaited.
    Kind Regards,

Re: Port Restrictions on Windows 2003 Network.

1. Please run netstat -na of the test machine and write down the ports that the
    application use.
    Run the same test of the production system (verity that there no firewall on).
    2. Compare the settings & verity with the R&D/support staff that the application
    use ports that arent "save" for other application.

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: