802.11 Limited or no Connectivity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 802.11 Limited or no Connectivity

I've set up a test network as per the Micosoft document "Deployment of Secure 802.11 Networks Using Microsoft Windows"

Blue-IAS acts as: AD integrated zone (wifi.test), DNS, DHCP and IAS running W2K3+SP1
    Blue-CERT acts as: Enterprise Certificate Server running W2K3+SP1, member of wifi.test
    Blue-Client: Client WinXPPRO+SP2, member of wifi.test
    Wireless Access Point: Radius

Functional level of Domain and Forest is 2003

I've opted for EAP-TLS option therefore "smartcard or other certificate".

Funny thing is that, it functions the first time. Then the client Blue-Client returns a "Limited or no Connectivity" message. DHCP attributes an APIPA address. If I configure the wireless adapter with a fixed IP, then then it works. Somehow, there is a problem with DHCP.

Also noticed that the "Domain Controller" certificate on Blue-IAS disapears. I re-request it, but still return a "Limited or no Connectivity" on the Wireless client. The Domain Controller certificate disapears after sometime, randomly.

No error messages in event viewer on Blue-IAS, Blue-Cert not Blue-Client.

My question is, how may I troubleshoot this problem?

Re: 802.11 Limited or no Connectivity

The limited or no connectivity means that DHCP is not issuing an IP address quick enough.

Have you tired repairing the connection at all??

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
      The limited or no connectivity means that DHCP is not issuing an IP address quick enough.

Have you tired repairing the connection at all??
      Hi,

I receive the following error when trying to repair:

Windows could not finish repaing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
      Connecting to the wireless network.

For assistance please contact the person who manages your network.

I tried rebooting the client laptop and I receiveve the same "Limited or no Connectivity" error message.

Comment

I've tried a variation of radius and this appears to function better.

1. Changed the Security mode on the Wireless Access Point from RADIUS to WPA-Enterprise

2. Removed the client computer name from the WirelessGroup (must be a member of this group in order to access Wireless Access Point)

This appears to work after several tests e.g.

1. Creation of a new account and removal of existing accounts from WirelessGroup group to test user's accessibility to network.

I'll continue to test. Sure would like to know why RADIUS option works once or twice and then fails though? I've seen quite a few posts on the net with similar problems, however, their issues remain unresolved.

Comment

Working...
        X