DNS Transfer errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Transfer errors

I am receiving these errors when I try to set up a new reverse zone on my DNS servers. The forward zones I have set up work fine and the zone transfer tabs are set up correctly on the master server. Does anyone have any ideas why the forward zones would work and the reverse zones would not? Does anyone know of any troubleshooting tools for transfers? The secondary server is able to connect to the master server and find out that there is a newer version of the zone there but the transfer never works.

Event ID: 6522
    A more recent version, version 7 of zone was found at DNS server at Zone transfer is in progress.

Event ID: 6523
    Zone failed zone refresh check. Unable to connect to master DNS server at to receive zone transfer. Check that the zone contains correct IP address for the master server or if network failure has occurred. For more information, see "To update the master server for a secondary zone" in the online Help. If available, you can specify more than one master server in the list for this zone.

Re: DNS Transfer errors

Is the master DNS server hosting the primary zones an MS or BIND machine ?
    With BIND you might need to enable "BIND secondaries" feature.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Originally posted by guyt
      Is the master DNS server hosting the primary zones an MS or BIND machine ?
      With BIND you might need to enable "BIND secondaries" feature.

They are both Windows 2000 machines, forgot to mention that

Comment

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...ce=DNS&phase=1

Anonymous (Last update 11/4/2005):
        This event appears when the secondary zone is configured to pull updates from an incorrect master (likely the primary zone) server. On the zone properties, modify the zone to transfer from the correct server. On the master server, verify you have zone transfers allowed to the server logging these errors.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X