Settings for DNS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for DNS

I have A DNS server on my intranet.I have set this DNS adress for local connection setting for Domain Computers.Now I have 2 questions:
    I want to add some more DNS addresses for their DNS setting on their connection for internet purposes.Does it effective on speed of resolving addresses or at end does it effective on Response time.
    Should I set this these new DNS addresses per workstation or I should only Add them in the lan DNS server(I do not know how to enter another DNS address in my local DNS so that the request forwards to these adresses?

Re: Settings for DNS

Hello,

Is your DNS server windows 2003? If yes configure Configure Conditional Forwarding
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...rver_2003.html

Regards,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

For DNS you don't have to add per client into the DNS Forward Lookup Zones. The Clients once they joined the domain they automatically added themselves into the Forward Lookup Zones, and into your Reserve Lookup Zones "assuming that you have already made the reserve lookup zone for your subnet IP".

To let the clients resovling Net Addresses, you have just to let them forward thier request through the DNS Forwarder to you ISP and the net will not be slow any more becuase the DNS act as a Cashed Lookups that the clients has visited already. It means the net will be faster in resolving Net Addresses.

Whenever the client wants to resolve an Internet Name, first will be search in the Cashed Lookups if it is available thier if yes, then it will be resolve for the client faster. If not, then it will be forwarded to you ISP to resolve it for the client.

Next time, the same client or other want to reslove the same name it will resolve it from the Cashed Lookup.
      ================================
      HND: Higher National Diploma in
      Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
      MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
      Done:VMware DSA
      ================================[/COLOR]

Comment

How much is these cache validation time?
        I want to add some specific DNS servers for Net usage.where should I do it in DNS console?Dns Forwarder?

Comment

read here hope it's helpful.

Habibalby
          ================================
          HND: Higher National Diploma in
          Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
          MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
          Done:VMware DSA
          ================================[/COLOR]

Comment