Access Permissions denied on some folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Permissions denied on some folders

The weirdest thing. Access is denied on some files in a folder but not others. I have all users in the administrators group and have given the administrators group full access. Could this be due to something I'm not aware of can anyone offer any help?

Re: Access Permissions denied on some folders

After some poking around I found that under the Security tab after right clicking the file there was only one user with permissions. It was an icon with a question mark followed by a bunch of numbers. Does anyone know what this means or what did this?

I added the administrators group back to the file and the mystery user went away and all the users that should have access to the file reappeared. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about something more important happening....

Comment

The with a question mark followed by a bunch of numbers is an account that is not recognised by the operating system. Maybe a user that has been deleted but there user object had its permissions assigned to that folder or files.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You could try to reset the security on the root folder.

Root:
        Take ownership first and then replacing all security settings with the ones you want. The apply the settings to all child objects.

The question mark with a lot of numbers behind is when you delete a user from the active directory. The user is not automatically deleted from the folder security.

Comment

Working...
        X