Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall LPT port without restarting the computer

Hi all,

I'm having the problem with Printer. The only solution is uninstall LPT port, restart and then re-install the driver.
    Is there any way to uninstall LPT port completely without restarting the computer ( and still work as it is restared ) ?

Thanks,
    Love in vain is better than love no one.

Re: Uninstall LPT port without restarting the computer

Originally posted by nguyennp
    ...Is there any way to uninstall LPT port completely without restarting the computer ( and still work as it is restared ) ?

Thanks,
    Have you tried uninstalling the LPT port in device manager? I tested it and was able to remove / add it without rebooting. Are you being prompted to reboot or is this a condition required for it to work based on your testing?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I used Device Manager to remove it. It prompted to reboot or not. Reboot is OK, not reboot --> don't remove completely the driver. So when I re-install the driver, didn't work.

I meant I met the problem with printer. It doesn't work if the driver isn't removed completely and then is re-installed.

Comment

So your not actually removing the LPT port your un-installing the printer drivers??

Comment

Oh, I think that when we choose uninstall a device from Device Manager, we actually remove its drivers. Am I correct ?

Comment

Oh, I think that when we choose uninstall a device from Device Manager, we actually remove its drivers. Am I correct ?

Have you uninstalled the printer drivers then before removing the LPT port??

Are there any conflicts in device manager??

Are there any conflicts in the BIOS??

Is the LPT port set to the correct mode in the BIOS??

Comment

Hi. Thanks.
              Unistalled the printer drivers is the same as removing the LPT port from Device Manager??
              Are there any conflicts in device manager??
              No, it said it is working.
              Are there any conflicts in the BIOS??
              How can I know if there's a conflick in the BIOS ?
              Is the LPT port set to the correct mode in the BIOS??
              I just let it as default : Standard.

Comment

Unistalled the printer drivers is the same as removing the LPT port from Device Manager??
                Actually not quite true, in fact not true at all. You will need to un-install the printer drivers seperately from the LPT port.

What type of printer is it?? How did you install the drivers for this printer??

Comment

It's EPSON EPL-6100L Advanced - a laser printer and it seems it couldn't be uninstalled the drivers separately from the LPT port.

Comment

Working...
                  X