Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logon problem in server 2003

Hi All ,

i have a server running 2003 and recently i installed a plotter HP T520 and since then this server work normally for two days and suddenly no one can access the shared folders on this server , even me i don't be able to log in using my domain admin account , i can only access it using the local admin account .

i tried to re-join but also failed to solve the problem .... still only 2 days and then the server is not accessible.

any advice ?

Regards,

M Farag

Re: Logon problem in server 2003

Adding a device should not cause any problems like this, so I would look for something dodgy on the installation software.
    Malware scans?
    Clock out of sync?
    Anything in event logs?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i noticed in the event log this error :

Netlogon

Event ID: 5719

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain ...... due to the following:
      Not enough storage is available to process this command.
      This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
      If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Comment

Check memory and disk utilisation, also whether the plotter is using network bandwidth
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Check memory and disk utilisation, also whether the plotter is using network bandwidth
          Just to add/clarify, see how much free HDD space is on the C partition. Move Pagefile to D drive/partition if you have one.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i have free space , 30 GB

there are no scheduled tasks , even RAM is almost free

Comment

This article helps a lot to identify the problem .

http://blogs.technet.com/b/abizerh/a...operation.aspx

Comment

And which of the solutions it identifies have you attempted?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

i searched in the running tasks and found one called Hp design jet... utility " consume 40 KB.... i closed it and i hope it will solve the problem . if the problem occured again , i think i'll search in the running tasks to find another one that could be the root cause

Comment

"not enough storage to process" - could be occuring on either te DC or the local host. It's usually resource suffocation, but, funnily enough, usually never low disk.
                    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X