Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local User on All Desktop

H,
    we have using Windows 2003 R2 Server as DC; we want to create a Administrator account on All the Desktops with the password.
    Is there any GPO option for same ? or Script only is the solution for Windows 2003 Server.

please suggest.

Re: Local User on All Desktop

GPO Preferences allow you to do this. But I don't know if the client-side extensions include it.

More info here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/943729

Download here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=6955
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your valuable inputs. When I read this Article i found 5 Prefrences which added in this patch.

could you please explain the Steps for What would be the content of batch file.

Example
      runas /user:[email protected] "net localgroup Administrators ITadmin /add"

In above example, it asks for Password; any way to add a admin password for to create a local user ?
      what i thought if i create a batch file with above content and this can be added
      under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Start up/Shutdown) It will add "ITadmin"
      user on All the Desktops....

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

I've never done this, but do you not see this when using the preferences?

http://blog.korteksolutions.com/how-...-group-policy/
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi,
          No, I have attached snap-shot of My GPMC Edit Mode....

This shared link may be of Windows 2008R2 ! Could you please tell me What are the Practices generally applied; purpose is to maintain a Custom Named Admin Account.
          Attached Files

Comment

From your image go to

User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel

I'll have a look at the system i have to make sure it matches.

Comment

Does Server 2003 have Group Policy preferences?
              I thought they only came in with 2008, or were they backdated later (no 2003 servers to try on...)
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Not after adding that i did not found any preferences like win2k8 has

any suggestion for how can i add a Local user on all the desktop with the name itadmin.

Please find the attachment with full explore option.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sunnys_111; 13th March 2015, 14:16. Reason: attachment missing

Comment

AS in your first post, a script will do it, but you have hit the problem with passwords etc. I have (for similar circumstances) created a temporary admin user and disabled the account once the script has run
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X