No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 Event ID :8003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Event ID :8003

This error appear in my System event viewer in windows 2003 every day. I search the Microsoft site and the internet but I did not find a good solution for this error. Please help me .....

Event ID :8003

Source: MRxSmb

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer TINV706 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{2C0482B6-DFCA-415E-B. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

Re: Windows 2003 Event ID :8003

Are you experiencing any browser issues? (when you try to browse your domain and see the list of online computers)

If not, then don't worry about it, I believe that has to do with NT4 boxes or sometimes even 2000/xp trying to become a master browser. you could manually edit the registry entries and stop every single client on the network from attempting this, but it's a lot of work for not much good. I believe this is done by design, don't quote me on it, but I think if you have separate subnets then each subnet tries to delegate its own master browser or something along those lines.

If you choose to edit the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Browser\Parameters\MaintainServerList from Auto or YES to FALSE

Here are a bunch of rants on MRxSmb Event ID 8003:

Look at "IsDomainMaster" and "MaintainServerList" here:

You may want to consider changing "IsDomainMaster" to TRUE on one server (DC?) and set "MaintainServerList" to "Yes" on your servers and "No" on your workstations.

Some other browser / master browser bits:

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.