Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of space on Server drive

Hi all,

im working with SBS2000 installed on IBM Server with 40 gig hd in raid.
    the problem is the the sys admin before me made a partitions of the 40 gig hd : 8 gig and 32 gig...
    he installed the sbs2000 on the 8 gig partition with all it features (isa , av...ect' ) what left me a 1 gig hd space on the server with nothing i can delete.
    i want to add free hd to the win server partition.
    1) is it safe ?
    2) can i use util like partition magic 8 ?
    3) does i need to stop services ? restart in safe mode ?
    4) it there any better program ?
    5) or should i leave it the way it is and dont take any risks...

will glad to recive comments, and tips if some of u did it already.

thanks.

Re: Running out of space on Server drive

Hi

If you dont have any plans of installing anything new on the server just leave it. If it works - dont fix it. ! GB is fine as long as the system is running normally.

You could move the Exchange database if its not done allready? Its done very easelly and you can fine a how to on these pages (cannot remember where)

Partitionmagic, as of what I know, is not compatible with server2000 but I think that there is a program called servermagic that is. I do not know how dangeruos the drill is but I would prepare my backup VERY carefully.

Coolmike

Comment

Originally posted by Coolmike
      Hi

If you dont have any plans of installing anything new on the server just leave it. If it works - dont fix it. ! GB is fine as long as the system is running normally.

You could move the Exchange database if its not done allready? Its done very easelly and you can fine a how to on these pages (cannot remember where)

Partitionmagic, as of what I know, is not compatible with server2000 but I think that there is a program called servermagic that is. I do not know how dangeruos the drill is but I would prepare my backup VERY carefully.

Coolmike
      Exactly.

Server magic is the tool to use for resizing partitions on servers.

Have you cleaned out temp files, ie cache, moved the exchange databases (as has been mentioned), moved the exchange log files?? If you have installed Backup exec have you tried to move the catalog files to a different drive. I cleared 1GB from a server recently by doing this.

There are numerous things you could do to try and clear some space.

Comment

thank you , ill try clear space that way...
        the exchange database is on the other drive, but ill chk for logs and maybe ill free some space.
        thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X