Security Risk for Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Risk for Server

What are the security risks for servers in ISP .
    On and On I recieved Port scan Alarm means users from internet Scans my server ports.Is it serious?Is it the start of an attack?Software programs Alarm me about Port scanning & I am using the latest patches for my OS + Firewall.In this case Can I say server is safe or not?

Re: Security Risk for Server

port scanning isn't really alarming.
    it's a passive attack, which just checks what you have allow at you're port.
    mostly hackers scannes completly Ipranges.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

When I resolve IP adress which logged in Firewall I see they are the IP adress of webhosting.what does it mean?

Comment

It means they are scanning your ip address fro open ports to hack you and steal al you info.

Only joking. If your firewall is blocking them then investigate and don't fret. I get scanned each and every time i visit this one website and its harmless.

Comment

Sorry wullieb1,but I did not understand what you meant.
          I resolve IP adresses which i scanned and found that they are from webhosting which I visit them.
          I do not know how is it possible when I visit a website and that hosting which website is hosted on that scan my ports.

Comment

Working...
          X