No announcement yet.

Can't access my remote server shares!??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access my remote server shares!??

I have two offices with a Win2003 server in each:
    1. Office=OAK, Server=JLRX01, IP=192.64.10.10
    2. Office=AW, Server=JLRX02, IP=192.168.0.10

In the OAK office-
    From my WindowsXP workstation, I can search and find JLRX02, but when I double-click it to view its shares, I get the error:

\\JLRX02 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......... The network path was not found."

I can RDP to JLRX02 and that's it. I then logged onto my local server, JLRX01, as the administrator and could find JLRX02 plus I could see it's shares. The same when I logged into the JLRX01 server as myself- all the shares were there. I logged into a workstation as the administrator but got the same error as above.

So this must be a permission thing, associate with the computers in the domain, but where do I start looking?
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Can't access my remote server shares!??

Do you use VPN site to site VPN + What the VPN settings? Did you tried to access \\serverip\sharename ? Is there one domain to both networks? Seperate domains? Workgroup? Local firewall settings?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Can't access my remote server shares!??

Found the solution. I was setting up ISA Server 2000 for the client PCs, for which I had changed the Router option in DHCP on our server to the IP of the ISA server- NO NO NO! I changed it back to the IP of the physical router and all is working OK now.

I've even managed to get ISA settings to flow thru DHCP! Thanks for the reply.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

Working...
      X