Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS Site Dead

Hello Team,

I wondered if anyone had ran into this issue before. I'm experiencing the my site is down almost daily, meaning the site is down.

"The Web application at https://.....com could not be found"

I was able to do a bandage by going into the IIS -> right click on the site-> Browse. Then the site suddenly alive again. It is odd but that is how it worked. I try to restart the IIS services. I didn't have any luck. but it works by browsing to the site from IIS console.

I'm thinking my IIS sites are conflicting with each other. See the attachment. The IIS has three sites that assigned to the the same IP/port
    -Default Website
    -SP2
    -SP80 (Primary site)

I think (not sure) that the Default Site and SP2 is not being use. I might just disabled it temporary to see if this issue still occurred.

I just want to check if any has experiencing a similar issue.

Thanks,
    HN
    Attached Files

Re: IIS Site Dead

Two of your sites have Host headers, so I don't believe that will be the issue and they do work though intermittently don't.

Worth testing as you see appropriate and reviewing whether each site is also using a different App Pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Two of your sites have Host headers, so I don't believe that will be the issue and they do work though intermittently don't.

Worth testing as you see appropriate and reviewing whether each site is also using a different App Pool.
      I disabled the other two sites. But I'm still experiencing the same problem. So you are RIGHT, it is not a conflicting between IIS.

1. When I have an error from the page that "Application / is not found" I went to IIS manager and browse the site. Then the site is alive again.

What would caused IIS behave this way?

2. When the page is spinning(hang). I went and restart the SQL services and browse the site from IIS manager. then the site is alive again.

What would caused this behavior?

I'm trying to track down the caused, but it is tough to trouble shooting because it's random. I think it happen almost every 24hours. is there a timer somewhere that might caused this issue?

Thanks,
      HN

Comment

I found this solution on MS. The problem described in KB almost exactly the same as what I am experiencing.

I will give this a try and keep everyone update to see if this would work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918041

Thanks,
        HN

Comment

Working...
        X