HACKED-Directory structure/Table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HACKED-Directory structure/Table

My Directory structure has been completely lost, within the command prompt as well as file explorer, No matter what folder I go into, I get all folders and files, I even see all hidden files and system files. It is basically impossible to even figure out what to copy out of the server to move the files I need. It looks like someone hacked my server and screwed up the FAT table or Directory table. Can anyone help?
    Attached Files

Re: HACKED-Directory structure/Table

Time to restore from backup, I think...

I would take the server off line, complete malware scan, and look seriously at blowing it away/rebuilding it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

problem with that, this is a server that I really don't look at, and my backups are only good for a week, unfortunately I have gone beyond that.

Comment

Failing a backup older than a week, your last resort may be restore from a shadow copy if you have one old enough. Not a recommended thing to do on a system drive's root but may be your only other option?

Interestingly a load of your folders are ADFS - has anyone been playing with Active Directory Federation Services on this machine and changing the storage location for ADFS files?

Comment

Working...
        X