Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subfolder permission

Dear Petri Members

Please help me to resolve below problem...

I want to restrict permission on specific sub folders in windows server 2003 R2

I have 100 AAA folders and all AAA folders has ZZZ subfolders.
    I want to restrict subfolder ZZZ in all AAA folders.

looking forwards.

Kind Regards.

Re: subfolder permission

OK, so you have 100 subfolders with one set of permissions, and each contains another subfolder which requires a different set of permissions.

Firstly, look at your share setup and see if there is a better way of doing it, so the 100 subfolders are all in one place.

If not, it is a case of going to security (advanced) for each subfolder, breaking permission inheritance, and changing the permissions.

You should, with a bit of research, be able to find a script that does it, otherwise you will be in for a long day or two.

If you hint on what the folders and subfolders are supposed to contain (I am guessing something around user accounts), we might be able to give an alternative way of doing things.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks to you for reply.
      Update: 100 subfolders are not in same place. each ZZZ folder is belong to different folder but on same HDD.
      In security (advance) is not able to do because its time consume and not practical.
      I tired to find script but couldn't .
      Please suggest script if possible.
      Regards.

Comment

There is a very helpful web site called
        30 seconds with a suitable question gave: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sc...Dsek0AXruoHgBg

The first link uses the command prompt and looks very similar to your example: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ame?forum=ITCG
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X