Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The drive could not be mapped because no network was found.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The drive could not be mapped because no network was found.

I have 2 domains in a school, Admin and Curric (.local) both running Windows 2003 Server SP1, latest Updates and Hotfixes.
    A router that I have no access to allows the Admin to map to and access Curric. Curric has NO access to Admin. A static mapping in the Admin WINS usually allows a drive to be mapped from Admin to Curric (but not in this instance).

I created a 2 way trust between the domains but that didn't work. Admin Side Trust and Curric Side Trust
    I added a Static Route, that didn't work.
    I keep getting the Mapping Error (Using the Curric server's IP displays the same error)
    Ipconfig /all looks ok.

However Netdiag (second page in bold) has me concerned. I do not understand the reason why the Default Gateway Test fails.

I have Internet access from both servers, there are no firewalls enabled on 2003 server and workstations can logon to their respective domains. I am stuck, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: The drive could not be mapped because no network was found.

> Curric has NO access to Admin.

Then you cannot have a two way trust.

> However Netdiag (second page in bold) has me concerned.

If you can go beyond the gateway, then it is probably not responding to ICMP. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

However, the trust should work in that Curric trusts Admin even if it doesn't work in reverse. This still doesn't explain the mapping error.
      The drive could not be mapped because no network was found.
      Thanks for the ICMP. Will look into that when time permits.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Connected a laptop running XP (that was not part of the Curric Domain) onto the Curric Domain (and gave it a Curric static IP). I was able to map a drive from the Admin server to the laptop.

Workstations on the Admin side have an ISA 2004 server on the Curric domain set in their browser and they have web access through the ISA 2004 server. (downed the ISA server and still couldn't map to a share from Admin)

What setting could I possibly have changed on the Curric DC that would reject the map request for the Admin domain?

Also, I have 2 (old) Lexmark network printers (Optra K1220 & Optra 1625) on the Curric domain. One shows up in WINS the other doesn't. I am unable to ping either printer even though I know their address (no such problem with the HP JetDirect card). Could this be connected to the mapping problem? Permissions perhaps?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X