Change IP Address on Windows 2000 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change IP Address on Windows 2000 server

Hello, I want to change the Ip address on Windows 2000 server. I will change the Ip from the network connections tab. Where else I have to change it (dns server, active directory???). Are they going to have problems with the Internet connection?

Thank you in advance

Re: Change IP Address on Windows 2000 server

You need to provide us with more details:

Is this server an Active Directory server?
    Does it run DNS or DHCP
    Does it act as a proxy or gateway for your internet connection

I wouldn't make any changes untill you know exactly what functions the server performs

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

It is an active directory server, it uses dns and gateway for internet connection

Comment

The only place in which you can change the IP address is the TCP/IP Properties window in the LAN Properties window. However, if your server does give a service (DHCP, DNS, Routing, VPN, Dial-In, WINS and so on) you must propagate this new address to all the clients that use this server.

For example, if this server is a WINS or DNS server, you can distribute this new address to the clients via DHCP options in the DHCP server.

Comment

Working...
        X