compuer lab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compuer lab

i want to make a computer lab throught work on window server 2003.please guide me how?

Re: compuer lab

Are you sure Windows 2003 is appropriate - it is now officially "End of Life" - I would personally start at the 2008R2/Windows7 level, if not go straight to 2012/Win8

With virtualisation, your best way is to get some very powerful hardware (look on eBay for second hand servers, for example) - c. 8 processor cores and 32Gb RAM and install a hypervisor (HyperV Server or VMware), then set up multiple virtual servers (domain controllers, file servers etc) which you can make and break as you want. Microsoft offer evaluation versions of current products and older ones are obtainable.

In the past I would have said to buy a TechNet subscription for full versions (non production use) but sadly that is also "End of Life".

I suggest you think a bit more about what skills you want to learn ("Computer Lab" is a bit vague) and we can advise you more on what VMs etc you need to consider.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i have a powerful machine of hp server. About your instruction install OS 2008 on in it. Now let me guide step by step how i make domain and make clints with internet or lab restriction or how

Comment

You are asking for too much information to easily answer in the forum, and we don't have any idea what skills and experience you already have. You might also want to give us the server specs as "powerful" covers a multitude of sins

I suggest you invest some time (and possibly a little money) in some training. If you like books, the Microsoft Press Self Paced Training kits are very good, and for video training, PluralSight (formerly TrainSignal) have an excellent reputation. You could also consider classroom based training.

If your server is 2008 (not R2) I suggest you consider reinstalling HyperV server (free edition) - probably 2008R2 - then using your OS license as a virtual machine. You would also need a client PC (Win7) to manage it all. That way you will be able to break VMs without losing the host machine.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X