net access for clients 2003 domain controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• net access for clients 2003 domain controller

I have setup a Windows 2003 domain.Clients are able to access the domain with out problems.They cannot access the net.Access to the net is possible from Domain controller.I setup the clients with their network card pointing to the domin controller for DNS. I didn,t supply a gateway on the clients.My question is what are the settings to allow the clients to access the net.Also is it a good practice to have the clients access the web through the domain controller or give them a gateway address and access the web through my router. If I use the routers gateway they can access the web. If I give them a gateway address to point to the domain controller I see the address being resolved but no page displayed. No other servers just Domain controller, two clients and router/firewall. I have setup forwarders and that had no effect.I am using a .local for my domain name. Any help would be great.I think I got myself totally confused. Thanks !!!!

Re: net access for clients 2003 domain controller

You need to give the clients a default gateway for them to access any resorces outside your network.

How does your servver connect?? Hopefully via a dedicated router.

Comment

My sever connects to the net through a router/firewall.Do I give the clients the router gateway or send it through the server. The router gateway works great I didn't know if this is correct. Thanks !!!

Comment

I would send them via the routers internal IP address.

This will explain what a default gateway is

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...efault+Gateway

Comment

Thank you very much. This is a great forum and I appriciate the fast response.Have a great day!!!!!

Comment

Glad to have helped

Comment

Working...
            X