Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 Pro problem with Windows 2003 Domain Controler

Dear all,

I have an issue with Windows 8.1 Pro joined to Windows 2003 active directory environment. When set any user account in AD to change password on next login it unable to do that.
    On Windows 8 said:
    1. The user's password must be changed before signing in. (which is normal)
    2. I press OK and I got menu to enter twice a new pass. (normal process)
    3. I entered the new pass... press OK
    4. Went back to point 1, the message: "The user's password must be changed before signing in"
    5. Again asking to repeat steps.

I do not have a problem when I'm logged in to the same user account and press CTRL+ALT+DEL and choose - CHANGE A PASSWORD, it works fine!
    The problem is only when is set - "change password on next login"

If i check mark in user account settings "Do not require Kerberos preauthentication" it allows to user to loggin and it said in notification area - "Your password expired today, please change it bla-bla".

Looks like some how preauthentication cannot work properly. Also, I set the Windows 8 Pro local security policy to activate DES encryption, it is Not defined by default - does not help at all.

I performed another test - the same PC with Windows 8.1 Pro, was joined to test domain under 2012 Server and this problem does not exists.
    I do have this problem with Windows 7 and 2003 active directory.
    And Yes, I will do migration to 2012 environment, but it is budgeted for January, because of need of hundreds CALs.

Any help or ideas are acceptable.

Many thanks,

Re: Windows 8.1 Pro problem with Windows 2003 Domain Controler

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm in the exact same position as you.

Comment

Working...
    X