DC synchronizing problem with AD while using third party solution as well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC synchronizing problem with AD while using third party solution as well

I have 2 DC in my environment DC1 and DC2 which are synchronized and when any change is done in DC1 it takes time to update in DC2
    I have tried third party utility vendor and add DC2 in that software but problem still there it taking many hours to update in DC2 while change done in DC1

both DC are not in same location and I am using windows server 2008

what could be the problem, any help would be appreciated !

Re: DC synchronizing problem with AD while using third party solution as well

If the domain controllers are in different physical locations and you have both locations configured correctly in Active Directory Sites and Services then what you're seeing is normal. Inter-site replication occurs every 180 minutes. If you need to change that you can in ADS&S.

Comment

you can also manually force a replication between DCs using by ADUC and selecting 'replicate now' from the server you with to initiate the replication from, should you need to force a change forest wide.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

What is the "third party solution" and what exactly are you trying to do with it.
        AD is fairly fussy and won't take kindly to some other application trying to do its replication for it. I would start by getting that out of the scenario and then start dealing with the AD problem.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its nothing with the third party solution actually I want to deploy Lepide AD Auditor to capture any change made in AD also for the backup/restore as well but the problem has arisen when I added a DC2 to the software but the and try to get the changes made in DC1
          (which is synch with DC2) but it is taking not usual time
          I have tried other software as well but the problem persist . So I believe problem is from our side so looking for that problem ..
          Hope I am clear enough

Comment

IMHO you shouldnt install any 3rd party apps on your DC's, AD does a good job of auditing on its own...Also replication time between DC's can be manually initiated.......Also how many sites do you have?

Comment

Working...
            X