domain name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name

If I have an internal network which does not have an registered domain. Can I still use .com and .net for my domain, i.e jeyyu2003.com or jeyyu2003.net without having a physical presence on the Internet.

thanks.

ps. great site, great layout.
    --
    J.

Yes, you can, but I wouldn't do it if I were you. Spending the required 9-10$ per year to own your own domain seems like not that much money to waste, and buying the domain name now might be usefull one day when you do want to start working with mail servers etc. Also, if you really want to, I'd recommend to use an internal domain name that is different from the true external one (which you don't have right now). For example, go for an internal domain with the name of mydom.local or mydom.home or even local.mydom.com (if you plan to buy mydom.com later).
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Well said... Couldn't have givin a better answer.

Using .local .home .corp for your internal domain name is an excellent way to setup your domain. If your a small company is not planning on expanding to more than one office any of the aformentioned naming schemes will suit you well.
      Brad Bentley

Comment

Working...
      X