Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other programs use 127.0.0.1 port 80?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other programs use 127.0.0.1 port 80?

What other programs use 127.0.0.1 port 80?

I am having problems connecting to the internet using IE6 even though I have an active dial-up internet connection. I use InterQuick to cache my browser, and it used to listen to 127.0.0.1 port 80, and I set my browser's proxy to this configuration. Lately, it pops an error that it can't listen to 127.0.0.1 port 80 and says that another copy of Interquick might be running, though it is the only Interquick process running. When this happened I am unable to connect to the net using IE6 set with proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 80, so I decided not to use any proxy, but I still am unable to browse the net. I uninstalled Interquick, but I still get the same problem. I have no problem getting a connection but my browser cannot detect that I am already connected to the ISP. The only recent change I could remember was that I installed a Firewire card and a 10/100 NIC.

Any thoughts? I am able to post here right now after I did another clean install at another drive. I have a lot of tweaking done on that installation and I want to fix it. Can anybody help please...

Checl this out

Dear Zubrick,

Usually the 127.0.0.1 is loop back address meaning it is tested to see if your network card is working fine. It is also used if 2 applications on the same machine they want to talk with each other, in addition to testing if you have correctly configured your TCP/IP stack.

I think for sure you should use another IP address
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: What other programs use 127.0.0.1 port 80?

Some antivirus / spam filters use the loopback adapter to access the host computer and to scan incoming / outgoing email.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X