No announcement yet.

NT4 Server backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT4 Server backup

HiI have an NT4 server machine (A) running on an old HP Proliant server as a raid array on a scsi controller. I have already build another server DL380 with NT4 (B) on but was wondering what would be the best way to transfer/ copy /image from (A) to (B) as we dont have a copy of the original software running on (A) .Cheers

Re: NT4 Server backup

3rd party cloning tool such as Ghost (if it still exists)?

Alternatively, any reason you can't consider virtualising your NT4 box to make it more portable in the future?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Well thats ultimately why I want to back it up or image it so that I can use it in a virtual enviroment.
      What version of ghost would I need to image?
      If I used a boot disk it wouldn't see the raid drive array would it?

Will Clonezilla do NT4? 17 years old and still running it. Hope you don't have it connected to the outside world. I would add that it does run really good in a VM!
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

you could try simple moving the disks to the new server and attempting to import the array group.. ?

otherwise - what exactly are you trying to copy? You mention that you don't have the osftware for the original machine - you (usually) can't just copy software from one machine to another and have it work.. there's all sorts of DLLs and other dependencies..
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point