Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connectivity Issue

Dear all,

i am facing this problem since one month. the problem is with my server 2003.

people on network, sometime they are able to ping and access network shares on it, but sometime it does not respond. ping fails and we are unable to access it. after restarting the server also doesn't effect much. one more thing also when i try to install some anti virus on it it says:-
    could not access windows installer even though i have installed 4.5 version of windows installer on it.

please help me out in this

thanking you

Re: Connectivity Issue

update bios, drivers, firmware.
    ensure everything is up to date.
    do you have an ilo or drac on this server?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How are the shares usually accessed? Via UNC path (\\server\share) or by DFS?
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Please try it manually if you can ..

Try manually testing the POP3 service. At a command prompt type:-
        telnet <server ip address> 110
        user <username>
        pass <password>
        stat
        Don't include the angle brackets obviously. If you can't get as far as the 'stat' line then I would suggest that there is either some restriction on the pop3 connection (such as which ip addresses are able to connect to it) or a firewall issue at either the client of server.

Update if this steps helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by smsith181 View Post
          Please try it manually if you can ..

Try manually testing the POP3 service. At a command prompt type:-
          telnet <server ip address> 110
          user <username>
          pass <password>
          stat
          Don't include the angle brackets obviously. If you can't get as far as the 'stat' line then I would suggest that there is either some restriction on the pop3 connection (such as which ip addresses are able to connect to it) or a firewall issue at either the client of server.

Update if this steps helps you.
          Not sure why the POP3 service is involved -- the OP is having problems accessing network shares. Your response is just confusing the issue (or maybe you posted in the wrong thread)
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X