Remote Desktop has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections

At my office we still use Windows 2000 Server standard edition.

After 2 users have connected remotely to the server, the following users get the following message "the system has reached its licensed logon limit. please try again later windows server 2000"

I understand that w2k allows up to 2 users to be connected to the server.

I would like to know whether there is a way of extending the users allowed limit to 3 or 4.

Thanks.

Re: Remote Desktop has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections

Yes -- enable Terminal Services and buy the correct number of CALs

(Check with MS first if -- and it is quite a big if -- Server 2000 CALs are available still)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Will i tried to follow this article but i can't seem to be able to get past step 11. Filling company information and pressing Next so that it requires some PIN.

support.microsoft.com/kb/237811/en-us

Also when i try to purchase a License from the following sites as the article says, my country is not listed. Cyprus.

- Microsoft Select or Microsoft Enterprise Agreement
      - Microsoft Open License Program

Comment

I suggest you contact your Microsoft Regional Service Centre and speak to them directly -- as I said, this is a very old (ancient?) product so license keys may no longer be available, even if downgrade rights are used)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X