DC Event ID 672

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Event ID 672

Hello, I have promoted a server running 2003 to DC and installed DNS to add a new DNS server to my 2003 domain. I'm having strange DNS errors on the network now. Some users can only get to certain file shares by ip. Some users I addd to AD are not replicating to other DCs.

The errors on my primary DC shows multiple event ID 672 errors by the new DC I setup trying to connect. What causes this error and how can I allow it to replicate? Is this a trust issue between the servers?

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Re: DC Event ID 672

Sometimes DNS needs time to replicate properly between servers - how long has this been set up - did you give it time and has the server been rebooted?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
      Sometimes DNS needs time to replicate properly between servers - how long has this been set up - did you give it time and has the server been rebooted?

The new DC has been up for about a week and it's been putting this Error in the log throughout the day since then. Should I give it a reboot?

Comment

You could try restarting the DNS server service itself first via the DNS snap-in in the management console. If you still get errors I'd try removing DNS, rebooting, and then re-installing it.

If you still see these errors:

How many other DC's are in the domain? Are they all healthy?

Run dcdiag /test:dns to see if there are any issues.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X