No announcement yet.

dcdiag netlogon test failing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcdiag netlogon test failing

Starting test: NetLogons
             Unable to connect to the NETLOGON share!
             [server] An net use or LsaPolicy operation failed with error 1203, No network provider accepted the given network path..

I'll try to make this short, and you guys can tell me what's relevant and if you need any more info.

Originally, there were 2 domain controllers, the first running 2003 Std, the second 2003 R2 Std.

2 weeks ago I had to replace a drive in a degraded RAID 5 array in the first domain controller. The last I had seen by checking the array manager was that the array was still rebuilding. One morning after this (don't know if the array ever finished rebuilding or not) CHKDSK was running and finding tons and tons of corrupt files. That server's C drive is completely corrupt and unreadable. There is no backup of the system state, I was trying to get the customer to buy a real backup solution but he was just using SyncBack to backup his files.

Anyway, I spent the day there trying to get the second domain controller working. At first I was getting errors trying to seize the FSMO roles, but I eventually got all 5 to seize successfully.

Even after that, AD was still messed up, the Exchange server wouldn't do anything, etc. Running dcdiag showed several failures, including failing the fsmo role check.

I found an article on stopping file replication service, setting a registry key called Burflags to value D4, and restarting file replication service.

This got AD happy enough so that the Exchange server is working.

However, dcdiag still fails the netlogon test as stated above.

I cannot even find a netlogon folder in the filesystem. Luckily, this customer isn't using group policy, so as far as he's concerned, it's all fixed. But I don't like an unhealthy AD.

This server is now the only domain controller. What do I do next? Thanks in advance.

Re: dcdiag netlogon test failing

Moved from SBS to 2003 forum for better response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: dcdiag netlogon test failing

Is it in Journal Wrap per chance? Check the File Replication Event Log.