Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Conflict

Hi All,
    I have an Exchange server 2003 with AD installed. I had a hardware failure and was forced to migrate that PC to a second piece of hardware using image capture (Shadow protect) till I repaired it. Once repaired I migrated back to the original Server.

When I install a fresh OS (any OS) on the second piece of hardware I get an error saying I have a conflicting IP address. I have no reservations set in DHCP or static IP address. When I shutdown both PC's and ping the suspect IP I get no response.

Any Clues would be gratefully appreciated
    Last edited by VinceD; 12th March 2013, 02:05. Reason: Updtae

Re: IP Conflict

Originally posted by VinceD View Post
    Hi All,
    I have an Exchange server 2003 with AD installed. I had a hardware failure and was forced to migrate that PC to a second piece of hardware using image capture (Shadow protect) till I repaired it. Once repaired I migrated back to the original Server.

When I install a fresh OS (any OS) on the second piece of hardware I get an error saying I have a conflicting IP address. I have no reservations set in DHCP or static IP address. When I shutdown both PC's and ping the suspect IP I get no response.

Any Clues would be gratefully appreciated
    What happens if you shutdown the second piece of hardware??

I'm thinking along the lines of an ARP cache problem somewhere.

Comment

Re: IP Conflict

Is it likely you can get an APIPA address conflict? Not seen it myself but the damn thing can be a pain to get rid of. (Nice REG hack can fix that though)
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X