Server with mirrored disks os not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server with mirrored disks os not working

Hey friends i need some help because i cannot find out how to bring that server to run.
    A guess the hard disk that has the operating system installed has physically crashed. By booting that server with a live cd i have found out that the 4 disks that are installed in that pc are dynamic disks and they are mirrored .So we have Disk with Os that has crashed.
    ( Disk 0 dynamic is mirrored with Disk 2 dynamic) ( Disk 1 dynamic mirrored with Disk 3 dynamic)....Now the problem is that the Operating system isnt running any idea how do i bring it back to work by installing a new hdd for the new OS installation ?

Now the problem

Re: Server with mirrored disks os not working

Which OS (and service pack)
    Have you tried loading the recovery console and then bootcfg
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317521
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

1 windows server 2003 r8 updated fully
      2. i didnt how can i do that?

i am afraid that this operting system disk doesnt have a clone ... and this os disk has failed its dead

Comment

Recovery Console: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326215

If you are not sure what you are doing, get an expert to help you on the spot

And think about removing a drive from the server, mounting it on another machine and backing up your business data before you do anything else
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

well the problem is i dont know how to set it and i dont know how to hook the operating system which disk is broken ..... its a complicated file

Comment

Best to get some consultancy then
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

I got the problem the operating system hdd has crashed and when i booted the server with a livecd i was able to see all 4hdds as dynamic disks and the operating system hdd disk c am i unable to access it wants to format it to be able to access is there any way to install a new OS into that hdd and then link the rest of 4hdds without loosing the datas ?

Comment

See Post #6 above
                You are trying to recover critical business data (presumably you don't have it backed up) so please get someone to examine your systems and not rely on generic advice when we do not know the full facts.
                While everyone will try to help, they may suggest a solution (e.g. a repair install) that would normally work but in your case might damage the data which you NEED to protect.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by aragosta View Post
                  I got the problem the operating system hdd has crashed and when i booted the server with a livecd i was able to see all 4hdds as dynamic disks and the operating system hdd disk c am i unable to access it wants to format it to be able to access is there any way to install a new OS into that hdd and then link the rest of 4hdds without loosing the datas ?

So if you can see the drives and the data with the LiveCD (what software is that?) then you should be able to attach an external USB drive - so GET THAT DATA BACKED UP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.
                  Regards,

Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X