Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusts between Primary and Child Domain

Hi,

I am sitting in a position at the moment with connectivity related concerns between a Primary Domain (Windows2003R2/Windows2008R2) and remote Child Domain (Windows2003R2). Connectivity by means of AD related concerns as this Trust based between the Primary and remote child domain.

To ensure clarity as best as possible:
    1. The link between the sites is working.
    2. The primary domain as 3 domain controllers, 2x Windows 2003R2, 1x Windows 2008 R2 std.
    3. Second windows 2003 domain controller currently has no FSMO roles, all currently retained on primary domain controller while we plan a decommission of the second windows 2003 domain controller.
    4. Infrastructure Master was moved several days ago to the primary domain controller.
    5. All server are DNS Servers.
    6. The remote sites server is their own Domain Controller.
    7. There is a trust between the sites, which the following is occurring:

a. On the Primary domain controller:
    - Under AD Domains and Trusts clicking properties of the remote domain produces the following error:
    you cannot modify domain or trust information because a pdc emulator cannot be contacted: {remote domain}

b. Folder access:
    - I can \\remoteserver on the primary domain and this open successfully.
    - I can \\primarydomainserver on the remote domain and this open successfully.
    - I cannot \\fileserver on the remote domain this fails with the following (Note: file server located in the primary domain is up and running and working normally):
    \\fileserver is not accessible. you might not have permissions to use this network resource....etc. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
    - This is regardless of IP or DNS Name.
    - I use the FQDN \\fileserver.primarydomain.local the error is no network provider accepted the given path

c. In AD Domains and Trusts, selecting the primary domain, with the child domain below, and going to properties of the primary domain. Selecting Trusts tab to view child domain details, I get the following when trying to validate the outgoing trust:
    The secure channel (SC) reset on domain controller \\primarydomainserver of domain primarydomain to domain remotedomain failed with error: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

d. Validating the incoming request from primary domain server fails with incorrect parameter.

repadmin.exe /showreps:
    CN=Configuration,DC=primarydomain,DC=local
    Default-First-Site-Name\remoteserver via RPC
    DC object GUID: 52fd71ba-37ea-4171-83ff-1d9ecae0a18f
    Last attempt @ 2013-02-01 11:46:12 failed, result 5 (0x5):
    Can't retrieve message string 5 (0x5), error 1815.
    1 consecutive failure(s).
    Last success @ 2013-02-01 08:46:12.

DC=remotedomain,DC=primarydomain,DC=local
    JHB\{W2008KDomainController} via RPC
    DC object GUID: 65883344-a6b5-466d-a8d5-58df761fefd3
    Last attempt @ 2013-02-01 11:46:11 was successful.
    Default-First-Site-Name\remoteserver via RPC
    DC object GUID: 52fd71ba-37ea-4171-83ff-1d9ecae0a18f
    Last attempt @ 2013-02-01 11:46:12 failed, result 1256 (0x4e:
    Can't retrieve message string 1256 (0x4e, error 1815.
    1 consecutive failure(s).
    Last success @ 2013-02-01 08:46:12.

I am holding back on attempting to re-create the trusts by deleting whats in ADDT and creating new ones in the even this will fail altogether.

Lets start with that information for now.

Many Thanks
    Gareth

Re: Trusts between Primary and Child Domain

One other thing that is possible between local primary and remote domain controller is accessing via $Admin shares. However trying to access the same $admin share to C drive as an example does not work, the $ Share is still in place and working locally.

Comment

Working...
    X