Adprep isn't workin..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adprep isn't workin..

Im trying to upgrade Active directory 2000 to 2003. Just I have one domain controller on 2000. I ran adprep on 2000 I get the following error.

dprep was unable to copy file C:\WINNT\schls.ld_ from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

The log file contain :

Adprep created the log file ADPrep.log under C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20121208161414 directory.

Adprep copied file F:\ENGLISH\WIN2003_VLP\ENT\I386\schema.ini from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT.

Adprep copied file F:\ENGLISH\WIN2003_VLP\ENT\I386\sch14.ldf from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

Adprep was unable to copy file F:\ENGLISH\WIN2003_VLP\ENT\I386\sch15.ld_ from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32.

[User Action]

Check the log file Adprep.log in the system root System32\Debug\Adprep\Logs directory for more information.

Adprep encountered a Win32 error.

Error code: 0x2 Error message: The system cannot find the file specified..

Adprep was unable to copy setup files from installation point to local machine.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep has stopped without making changes.

[User Action]

Make sure you run adprep.exe under the directory that contains the following files: schema.ini, sch*.ldf, dcpromo.cs_ and 409.cs_. The recommended way is running adprep.exe from installation media, such as CD-ROM or network share. Check the log file Adprep.log in the system root System32\Debug\Adprep\Logs directory for more information.

Adprep encountered a Win32 error.

Error code: 0x2 Error message: The system cannot find the file specified..

Re: Adprep isn't workin..

Can you confirm you are running ADPREP:
    a) From the 2003 Media?
    b) The correct architecture (32-bit presumably) for your existing DC?
    c) On your schema master?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm running adprep from CD-2003
      System Type X86-based PC for both (2003,2000)

Comment

It's OK The problem was in CD-Device. I copied the I386 on the server and ran adprep /forestperp

Comment

Well done, and thanks for getting back to us!

Happy upgrading!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you Ossian

I'm so glad that I am one of members here .....

Comment

Working...
            X