Clicking Set Up Client Computer opens Security Configuration Wizard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking Set Up Client Computer opens Security Configuration Wizard

I have been using Windows Server 2003 R2 for some time now but for some reason, when I try to add a new PC to the environment and when I click the Set Up Client Computer link on the Server Management console, it will open up the Security Configuration Wizard instead.
    I have tried just adding it to the domain using the AD but it will not add the DNS name and the PC cannot be found.
    Does anyone know the exe file that is can be used to add client computers without using the Server Management console.

Re: Clicking Set Up Client Computer opens Security Configuration Wizard

I've never used a tool on the server to add a client PC to a domain, I've just changed the system properties on the client PC from 'workgroup' to '<domain.name>', and supplied admin credentials when prompted. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

On the client PC's NIC properties, make sure the advanced DNS option 'register this connection's address in DNS...' is ticked, and it should do just that.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

It may be SBS?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Never seen SBS, so can't say one way or the other. If so, maybe the moderator should move this item to that topic?
        *RicklesP*
        MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Can you please confirm whether this is SBS that you are using.

Comment

Working...
          X