Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

    Hi all

    Does anyone know if it is possible to create a bootable USB flash drive for ghosting?

    At the moment I am using bootable floppy disks.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

    Does you motherboard support USB booting?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

      You need to have USB booting enabled on your PC.

      Maybe this will help

      http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardwa...omusbstick.php

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

        In the BIOS I can select USB device in the boot sequence menu.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

          Originally posted by sniksahs
          In the BIOS I can select USB device in the boot sequence menu.

          Did you follow the procedure i posted???

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

            Originally posted by sniksahs
            In the BIOS I can select USB device in the boot sequence menu.
            I've tried to make simple bootable USB drives before with just DOS on but they never boot!. Spent a whole day trying once and gave up! Hope you have better luck than me!
            Server 2000 MCP
            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

              Check this utility from HP http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/21621.html

              I belive this will do the trick for you, (did for me )

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

                Originally posted by DK_HJ
                Check this utility from HP http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/21621.html

                I belive this will do the trick for you, (did for me )
                Hmm i tried that one and it didn't work. I was using a 1GB stick, is there a limit?
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

                  You could try your luck with this utility from Dell.
                  It worked for me.

                  http://www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usb_memkey.zip


                  I also have one that you don't need to install called mbrtool.exe It's the one available here (looks the same as the one above but no installation just click and go):
                  http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=117917

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

                    Originally posted by Gringo
                    You could try your luck with this utility from Dell.
                    It worked for me.

                    http://www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usb_memkey.zip


                    I also have one that you don't need to install called mbrtool.exe It's the one available here (looks the same as the one above but no installation just click and go):
                    http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=117917
                    Ill give it a go!
                    Server 2000 MCP
                    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

                    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Symantec Ghost 7.5 bootable USB flash drive

                      Hi all

                      The HP utility worked for me. I coudn't get the Dell utility to work.

                      Thanks to everyone for their input. Can't beleive how fast booting from a USB flash drive is!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X