Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to link MS Windows Server 2003 R2 EE, ISA Server 2006 and MS Exchange Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to link MS Windows Server 2003 R2 EE, ISA Server 2006 and MS Exchange Server 2003

Hello guys, need some help regarding planning network infrastructure.

I currently have a Machine running Windows Server 2003 R2 EE with AD/RRAS/DHCP/DNS installed. Windows XP and Win7 clients are connected and have different policies for different group/users in one LAN.

1- What I want to do is, have an ISA Server 2006 and MS Exchange Server 2003 on same network, do I need two different machines for these two different servers?

2- How do I link these three different machines to eachother? (Windows Server 2003 R2 EE, ISA Server 2006 and MS Exchange Server 2003)

3- Which server machine to keep connected with Router and LAN.

Please write me a step by step guide if anyone of you can, that'd be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any advice related to my problem

Re: How to link MS Windows Server 2003 R2 EE, ISA Server 2006 and MS Exchange Server

1. Yes, it is recommended to keep them seperate. You can install Exchange on a DC but best practice is standalone.

2. They should all be members of the same AD domain

3. Remove RRAS from the existing server and use ISA Server as your VPN endpoint and Edge device.

I have to ask though, why are you using old products? Exchange 2003 is 2 versions out of date, ISA Server 1 version out of date and Server 2003 just about to be 2 versions out of date. Given the nature of the questions you are asking I would stronly recommend bringing a consultant in.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
    X