Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7 Client unable to access Internet with on MS Server 2003 R2 EE with one NIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Client unable to access Internet with on MS Server 2003 R2 EE with one NIC

Hello,

I am a new user to Petri Forums, I after going through a lot of websites regarding this problem, couldnt find any help but Petri seems quite helpfull regarding Server related issues.

I recently Installed Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise with one NIC

I installed my 3G wireless broadband device and connected it on the server. After that I gave IP details in LAN (192.168.1.1) and then I created AD and with AD it installed Remote Access/Routing, DNS and DHCP automatically. After Creating groups/users I went to my Windows 7 Client and added domain successfully and got logged in. I am able to ping the server and access shared files/folders on the server also but in taskbar, I am getting a yellow warning sign on LAN (on Win7 Client) and I am unable to access internet. What necessary steps I have missed or what steps should I take in order to access internet from Win7 Client?

Awaiting Reply

Re: Windows 7 Client unable to access Internet with on MS Server 2003 R2 EE with one

Have you configured DHCP to issue IP addresses??

Use this to configure the RRAS service.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...router/5844624

Comment

Re: Windows 7 Client unable to access Internet with on MS Server 2003 R2 EE with one

I tried as you told me in your last post. I added RRAS successfully, DHCP is also working fine, sharing files/folders is still good. I also added a WinXP client to be sure whether its Win7 which is not working. But even on WinXP there is no internet connectivity.

Comment

Lets start with the basics
        Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL from the server (which presumably does have internet access) and one of the clients which doesnt.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hey wullieb1 and Ossian,

I found the solution to be more easiest which I could not expect in last 3-4 days, though its my first experience of installing and dealing with networking in a professional way.

What I today did was, Removed and added the Roles for server 2003 R2 (AD, DNS, DHCP) back and used Routing and Remote Access to use 3G wireless broadband's modem with NAT along with VPN and set the type demand-dial after manually giving the telephone number, username and password (extracted from the ISP's software) and connected with simple firewall. And guess what, it worked on both Windows 7 and XP under GP set for both.

Now I am wondering, how to install MS Exchange Server and ISA 2006 on different machines and link all three (Windows Server R2 Enterprise with AD, ISA 2006 and Exchange Server) together. Is it possible to link these in one network, if is, how many switches and NICs I'd need to set up these 3 servers?

Comment

Working...
          X