Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanning domain login/auth across VPN/MPLS

Hi chaps, seasons greetings and all that

Was wondering if anyone here has done/knows how/knows good resource to read up on, how I can span my domain across multiple offices without having servers in each office.

The head office runs Win2k Servers, and I want to be able for clients at the remote sites (win2k/xp) to auth against the DC, apply GPO's/login scripts etc.

Would I build the client here, joined to the domain and take it to the remote office... we run MPLS and can ping the networks fine and access resources etc... Would I need a custom LMHOSTS file so the clients can see the servers etc?

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks n that

Stoo
    1 + 1 = 11 ... honest!

Re: Spanning domain login/auth across VPN/MPLS

> and I want to be able for clients at the remote sites (win2k/xp) to auth against the DC, apply GPO's/login scripts etc.

That is not too hard. The first thing to do is to make sure that those clients can find the central DC's. For that, they need DNS to find the central DC's. Simplest thing is to point all clients to central DC's. Do NOT define local HOSTS or LMHOSTS files. If you find yourself needing that, you have made a mistake somewhere along the way.

If there is only ONE place where you have DC's you don't need to define a site and sitelink structure. If you have more sites with DC's, let me know if you need help with that.

Comment

Working...
    X